The Malta Individual Investor Programme
The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta (IIP), by virtue of Legal Notice 47 of 2014, allows the granting of citizenship by a certificate of naturalisation to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta. Subject to vetting and diligence process, the applicants and their dependents are granted citizenship in exchange for such contribution. The Government of Malta appointed Identity Malta (www.iip.gov.mt) as the authority responsible for the Programme.
The Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme is the first EU-approved citizenship programme. Upon obtaining the certificate of naturalisation, the Applicant and his dependants become holders of Maltese citizenship for life.
The key objectives for obtaining Maltese citizenship and the benefits gained will vary between individuals, but may include:
- Visa free travel to more than 160 countries in the world
- Citizenship in an EU Member State that is stable, neutral and highly respected with an efficient and flexible tax structure
- Access and right of establishment in all 28 EU countries
- Dependence on more than one passport
- Personal security
- Passport issued within one year
- Good quality of life
- Better education for children